We are proud to announce that our annual Born Into This conference will be back for its second run from June 6 to June 8, 2019.
This summer, we’ll host a community of 200 birth workers, holistic health professionals, thoughtful leaders and creators in Austin, Texas for three days of discovery, accountability, resource-sharing and skill-building.
Curated by DTI, each day of the conference explores social justice, entrepreneurship, technology and creativity. Centered in interdisciplinary thought, the conference aims to make sense of the birth world’s intersections and context, as well as its relationship to our own practice as members of the field. Together, we will learn and organize to better serve our professional development and collective wisdom.
Building off of last year’s inaugural conference, Born Into This 2019 will also introduce a few changes. This year, we’re including a third day of programming, accepting panel and speaker proposals from the community through Feb. 15 and accepting scholarship applications for waived general admission. General admission and deluxe tickets are now available.
Meet all of 2019’s speakers below:
• January Harshe of Birth Without Fear
• Dr. Alicia Bonaparte
• Katie Vigos of Empowered Birth Project
• Barbara Vernéus of Tiny & Brave
and the Dope Moms Need Dope Moms Initiative
• Erica McAfee of Sisters In Loss
• Trystan Reese, Trans Birth Activist and Speaker
• Natalie Telyatnikov of Better Postpartum
• Mac Brydum of That Doula Guy
• Heather Gallagher of Heather Gallagher Photography
(Photographing Birth Through Death)
• Elena Colón of Mama Sana Vibrant Woman
• Jennifer Sarduy of Re+Birth Equity Alliance
• Hannah Spencer of Milk and Hannah Birth Photography
• Barakah Sahaiel, Hood and Holistic Health Coach
• Sara Reardon of The Vagina Whisperer
• Jane Hervey of #bossbabesATX
• Sera Bonds
Want to join us June 6 to 8, 2019 in Austin, Texas?
Head to bornintothis.co to learn more about BIT’s three-day pass, speakers and mission.