As a postpartum doula you will be talking about breastfeeding with your clients at almost every visit and sometimes on the phone or email in between those visits. These are the 10 questions you will be asked the most straight from the lips of our clients. Think about what questions you will need to ask the client in order to be able to answer them AND when you would need to refer. Here they are:
- How do I know if my baby is getting enough milk?
- Does this latch look okay?
- Why does it hurt?
- When will this get better/easier?
- Am I feeding my baby too often or not enough?
- How do I know if my milk is in?
- Should I be pumping?
- When do I start pumping?
- Am I engorged?
- Do I need to see a lactation consultant?
If you are not sure what you would say when these questions are asked we are here to help! Please connect with us for a discussion and don’t forget about visiting KellyMom as a trusted source.